As many of you know, salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oils have been shown to decrease inflammation in the body, increase brain health, and boost immune function. So, go ahead and try this seasoned twist of one of our healthy favourite foods. Your health will thank you for it.
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry and place on a metal baking sheet.
- Rub each fillet with olive oil.
- Squeeze the juice from one-half lime onto each fillet
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and chipotle, then place a half lime on top of each fillet.
- Turn down oven temperature to 275°R.
- Place salmon in oven and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending on how well done you like your fish.